Monday, March 21, 2011

Subic Summer Adventure - Part 2

2. EXTREME ZIP LINING AND WALL CLIMBING AT EXTREME ADVENTURE, SUBIC

Extreme Adventure offers a different thrill especially for those who's not afraid to get their pants dirty and be a little risk taker with the 70 feet vertical drop in the middle of the thick foliage.

We hiked to the first station, for the first drop.
The tour guide asked, "Sinong gustong mauna?". The group fell into an impregnable silence as if the tooth fairy appeared in our midst and tried to steal our tongues too. Silence. Exchange of fearful glances. My heartbeat was like a frantic rain on a tin roof, deafening even to my ears. Hindi ko kaya ito! I raised a tentative hand to silence my crazy heartbeat. Manong tour guide smiled admirably for assumed courage on my part. There were laudible sighs of relief. Kung alam lang nila! I was the first in line not entirely because I am the bravest but because I did not want to prolong the agony of being paralyzed by fear while those ahead of me shriek as they plunge to the depths. Kaloka kaya yun! I might as well be the first to do that and drive them all crazy!
"Manong ang taas! Naka-lock po mabuti yung harness?" I remembered asking the attendant three times to neutralize my fear before jumping off the cliff.

The first time I jumped and let go of the harness at the station, I felt all my insides were gone. This was so scarily high and I plunged faster!


At the bottom of the last drop. Hayy!! Natapos rin...


We're a little bit demented I admit. As if the extreme zip line is not enough, we tried wall climbing also.


Safety hats: testament of our adventure of the day!


No comments: